Sr Product Manager, Editorial Experience - CNN Digital
United States - New York - New York
Dec. 01, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewWe are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be a member of the world class CNN Digital Product Team which is responsible for creating industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of news consumers across the globe. We're looking for a Senior Product Manager who will play a key role in defining and shaping the next generation content creation product for our worldwide editorial teams. You'll work with other product managers, designers, engineers, and cross-functional partners to deliver an editorial experience that anticipates the needs of our stakeholders and plays a major part in powering CNN's world class digital storytelling. This candidate should be well versed in designing, building, migrating, and launching content management systems, and able to build strong partnerships with large scale editorial teams.
- Partner with various stakeholders to help define and determine the Product vision and roadmap.
- Establish program and product goals, helping to identify and mitigate risks, tracing progress, resolving conflicts, ensuring quality, and reporting on status.
- Gather, prioritize, and document product requirements from cross-functional teams and stakeholders on multiple business levels.
- Manage and/or facilitate the trade-off process during requirement definition and reviews to ensure releases are delivered against company business goals.
- Ensure clear communication and expectations by partnering with Product Strategy and Technology staff, stakeholders, peers, product operations, and multi-disciplinary teams (from technical to creative).
- 3-5 years of digital product management/development experience.
- Experience with editorial workflow and designing, building, migrating, and launching content management systems at medium-to-large media properties.
- Understanding of digital media business and operations
- Experience building and launching products in highly matrixed organization.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity