Director, Product Management
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Mobile, Product Management
United States - California - San Francisco
Dec. 02, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is a leading worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third-party game titles. WB Games studios include Avalanche, Monolith Productions, NetherRealm Studios, Playdemic, Rocksteady Studios, TT Games, WB Games Boston, WB Games Montreal, WB Games New York, and WB Games San Francisco.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE for short) is looking for passionate, energetic people that want to create the next big hit in entertainment leveraging our vast portfolio of IP’s. We are 2500 person strong and focused on bring great brands such a Harry Potter, LEGO, DC, Game of Thrones, and more to life in the interactive medium. You will be able to work on projects that leverages an entertainment portfolio that span 90+ years, 7400 films, and 5000 TV shows and have the opportunity to work with a pan-media organization.
You will play a critical role in leading live operations on key upcoming 3rd party publishing projects on mobile. You will spearhead our efforts to build out a strong Live Operations team that will bring great games to market and set standards for what good live operations look like. You will have the opportunity to work with Top 5 grossing teams who have created high potential projects and have a hand in creating significant impact on the gaming community. In this role you will report to VP of Central Product Management.
- Develop live operations strategy for games in western markets.
- Lead live operations & event cadence design on key titles to help it grow and sustain.
- Build out live operational frameworks, methodology, and best practices for our mobile portfolio.
- Help level up the live operational capabilities of our studio PM teams.
- Scale the team to manage a portfolio of live games and operate as a training ground for our PM’s.
- Distill learnings to help improve our overall capabilities as a GaaS organization.
- Spent at least 3 years leading live operations teams.
- Have demonstrated measurable success in live operations on a mobile title.
- Understand how to create frameworks and advanced methodologies to take live operations to the next level.
- Experience optimizing products using data to create major impacts in growth and success.
- Have experience with various analytics tools, data analysis and comp analysis methodologies.
- Strong communication skills to be able to influence and convince others to your point of view.
- Passionate about games and player experience.
- Love to get your hands dirty and fill gaps where needed.
- Is able to articulate what best-in-class looks like for live operations.