Dir B Accounting
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Nov. 18, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Director, B Accounting
- Organize and execute on reporting needs and key metrics to support Warner Media strategies which are designed to improve global Order to Cash (O2C) collections processes and identify opportunities for collection efficiencies.
- This includes, but is not limited to, the preparation and distribution of Warner Media's global AR aging reports, DSO calculations, cash target reporting, schedule reporting for financial reporting disclosures, and O2C monthly key performance metrics.
- Responsible for the oversight, accuracy, execution, consolidation and final signoff of Warner Media's AR Securitization and Factoring programs which are designed to increase the company's overall cash flow objectives.
- This also includes maintaining strong internal controls, reviews and IPE evidence to ensure compliance with SOX controls and audit guidelines.
- Responsible for identifying high risk customers, potential or known bankruptcy's or industry trends using credit management portals and providing customer financial liquidity analysis to Warner Media finance partners to facilitate business decisions.
- Review and approve credit checks across various Warner Media revenue streams based off customer credit analysis.
- Report and distribute quarterly bad debt general reserve and AR balances to Line of Business Collection Leaders with the intent of identifying quarterly specific reserves.
- Oversight of Warner Media Global Customer Master Data Management program to ensure the data collection and integrity of all new customers and change requests throughout all of Warner Media's various ERP systems along with maintaining OFAC (Office of Foreign Asset Controls) regulations.
- This includes establishing customer credit terms and financial risk.
- Manage and develop staff into subject matter experts with a results orientation toward all internal and external customers.
- Leverage managerial and mentorship skills to effectively institute company changes with minimal disruption to ongoing run-state operations.
- Work with supervisor to set priorities for the department and be able to actively assist in all problem resolution matters.
- Work Experience Approximately 6-8 years previous work experience in an accounting or finance environment required.
- Public and private accounting experience preferred.
- Accounts receivable, commercial finance, reporting and planning experience preferred.
- International finance and entertainment industry experience highly preferred.
- Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification Bachelor's or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- MBA or CPA preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of order-to-cash principles with an entertainment company.
- Experience directly and indirectly managing a global, diverse team.
- Experience developing and executing standard processes across a global organization.
- Experience with global data analysis and consolidation reporting writing.
- A proven track record in managing change and implementing large scale, global transformation.
- Must have strong experiences with ERP systems such as Peoplesoft, Oracle, SAP, MACCS, GATOR and/or Great Plains
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel or Access required