Director, Global Insights and Analytics
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Jan. 11, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
The Director Global Research, Insights & Analytics works closely with the Executive Director & SVP on all strategic research & consumer insights for Global Brands, Experiences and Consumer Products focusing on many beloved properties such as DC (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman), Wizarding World & Harry Potter, and Game Of Thrones. The Director is responsible for being the voice of the consumer for these brands and business units, overseeing global primary research (quantitative and qualitative research design, questionnaire/discussion guide development, data collection, analysis, implications and strategy recommendations) in addition to secondary data analysis which includes viewing data (Nielsen, Ampere), social and digital data, syndicated data related to retail (NPD sales & other sources) and themed entertainment syndicated analysis. In addition, the Director manages key presentations and the synthesis & and consolidation of findings. The Director also works closely with our business stakeholders to drive consumer-centric strategy and fosters a ‘consumer-first’ approach to the business.
- Develops presentations & analyses utilizing primary & secondary research sources for our business stakeholders. Brands of focus will include key brands & franchises across the company, such as Wizarding World, DC and Game Of Thrones.
- Working with the Executive Director, acts as key strategic partner to the Global Franchise Management, Consumer Products & Themed Entertainment teams, partnering on strategic planning and primary & secondary research needs.
- Will supervise primary and secondary research, leveraging vendor agency partners and leveraging multiple related secondary data sources, including NPD, Nielsen, Mintel, Euromonitor, Ampere, GWI, and GFK/MRI Simmons.
- Ensures data & research needs for the Key Stakeholders are met, attending meetings, proactively responding to requests, and partnering on information needs. Plays a leading voice of the consumer at the table. Works in a high-paced environment working with a sense of urgency. Builds strong relationships.
- Develops strategic narratives and drives data-based storytelling for key stakeholders around omnichannel touchpoints, including theatrical, viewing (TV & SVOD), consumer products, experiences (theme parks, LBEs), games, publishing, and digital (social, ecommerce, & digital experiences).
- Leads multiple and holistic analysis and studies, depending on the client need, from syndicated data analysis to primary research work, such as global brand health tracking, segmentation, A&Us, category landscape and concept & communications testing.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience in primary & secondary research fields.
- Quantitative research skills and knowledge of advanced methodologies
- Qualitative research skills and knowledge of leading a qual study end to end
- Secondary research analysis, i.e. familiarity and adeptness using tools such as NPD, Nielsen, Digital data
- Experience with social media insights tools
- Global experience – working across multiple regions and leading research globally
- Knows how to develop strategic & synthesized narratives
- Comfortable leading presentations and being a strong VOC with internal stakeholders
- Self-starter/ highly motivated / proactive
- Strong organizational & project management
- Previous entertainment experience a plus