Product Design Production Mgr (International) - HBO Max
United States - California - Burbank
Dec. 09, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
The International Product Design Production Manager will be a go-getter and key player in the smooth day-to-day operation of the Experience Design team at HBO Max. Reporting into the Director of Product Design Production, this organized self-starter will work with the product design leadership and staff to ensure we are properly tasked out on in-flight and upcoming design projects for our international expansion of HBO Max. The International Product Design Production Manager is well-versed in project Management processes, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and relishes taking complete ownership of projects from beginning to end. You understand the project management guidelines but also have the creative ability to customize the processes for faster delivery given varying conditions. You've not afraid to operate in an atmosphere that is dynamic and sometimes ambiguous and are able to take the initiative to bring in structure where needed.
As a Production Manager, you will manage multiple design projects simultaneously. You will work within the product design team to ensure work loads are balanced and projects have adequate resourcing. The ultimate goal to is to balance and align design resources to enable timely high-quality releases of the HBO Max product. You will be responsible for scheduling and communicating expectations for each of your projects. The right candidate is ready to multitask across diverse business groups and dynamic enough to be able to learn new Businesses and technological constructs as needed.
- Work closely with the Director of Product Design Production & small team of production managers to establish and refine project processes.
- Maintain a unique perspective of a common goal to increase knowledge, communication, and awareness between team members and stakeholders.
- Define, negotiate, communicate, implement and monitor quality standards on all project deliverables.
- Develop status reports and work with principal project leaders to ensure continuity across all resources.
- Play a key role in facilitating communication with stakeholders, and align design resources with project requirements across different sets of stakeholders.
- Heavy coordination and collaboration responsibilities Between internal teams.
- Apply strong critical thinking and strategic thinking skills to create workarounds and to determine how to best resolve issues quickly.
- A minimum of five years of experience in Project management.
- Must be able to create trusted partnerships with team members as well as client stakeholders and manage several client partnerships.
- Experience managing digital and web-based (.com) projects.
- Experience working with strategy teams.
- Experience rolling out an application/service internationally to multiple languages and markets: LATAM, EMEA, APAC, etc.
- Experience with collaboration and issue tracking tools such as Airtable, Asana, Smartsheet, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, management, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to stay focused on driving goals, regardless of macro business environmental conditions.
- Experience in establishing processes to support business stakeholder communication / project tracking and delivery.
- PMI PMP Certification would be beneficial.
- Big4, consulting and/or professional services experience would be a plus.
- Additional language skills are helpful.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands