Technical Artist Intern
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Graphics/Design/Art, Internship/Trainee
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Oct. 27, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
WB Games Boston seeks a Technical Artist Intern to join their art team and work on the Game of Thrones: Conquest mobile game.
- Coordinate with the art team to work on project optimization, tools support and assist with game and project maintenance
- Responsibilities may include working on documentation and identifying game performance opportunities
- Based on the candidate’s artistic abilities, there is potential to create art assets
- Technical Art or other 3D art creation experience
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop and other industry tools
- An understanding of Python, C#, or equivalent language is required
- Experience with Unity is preferred
- Previous exposure to game development process and practices
- Good technical writing skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- A passion for art creation, game development, and mobile gaming
A demo Reel or relevant portfolio is a must.