Virtual HBO Finance Internships, Spring 2021
United States - New York - New York
Oct. 16, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
We have multiple internship opportunities available within Finance. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. If you are selected for further consideration, a recruiter will reach out to you and provide more detail on the specific roles you are being considered for at that time. Please note that you may also view your current application status by logging into your application profile.
- Assist Corporate Finance with financial reporting for HBO’s programming, including the current year forecast and long range plan.
- Assist Planning with the review of production updates and talent contracts, and support various forecasting processes.
- Play an active role in ad-hoc projects and weekly deliverables through review of testing results; reconciliation of transactional data.
- Partake in the reconciliation of daily sales to cash reconciliations between billing system and merchant/credit card accounts.
- Reconcile key subscriber reporting metrics between financial and operations reporting tools.
- Perform variance analysis, analyze components of account balances and propose journal entries to adjust balances.
- Currently enrolled student (graduate or undergraduate), not graduating prior to April 2021.
- Proof of legal eligibility to work for pay in the US. International students accepted, but, even though all internships are virtual, must be currently based in the US.
- Ability to work 16-24 hours/week (exact schedule flexible dependent on your availability), from January 25th – April 16th, 2021.
- Knowledge of Accounting and/or Finance through related coursework or prior experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to Strong Excel skills (ability to pivot, consolidate, report)