Virtual HBO Program Scheduling Internships, Spring 2021
United States - New York - New York
Oct. 16, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
We have multiple internship opportunities available within Program Scheduling. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. If you are selected for further consideration, a recruiter will reach out to you and provide more detail on the specific roles you are being considered for at that time. Please note that you may also view your current application status by logging into your application profile.
Program Scheduling interns support our Program Scheduling teams through theatrical inventory analysis projects, tracking inventory stunts and priorities, and planning of HBO linear and nonlinear platforms. These interns will have a cohesive exposure to all Scheduling functions.
- Maintain Inventory Stunting trackers
- Screen theatricals for content and appropriate channel placement
- Assist with proofing and finalizing schedules
- Assist with inventory metadata for nonlinear platforms
- Liaise with cross-partner teams to help communicate scheduling priorities
- Analysis of various nonlinear scheduling systems
- Currently enrolled student (graduate or undergraduate), not graduating prior to April 2021.
- Proof of legal eligibility to work for pay in the US. International students accepted, but, even though all internships are virtual, must be currently based in the US.
- Ability to work 16-24 hours/week (exact schedule flexible dependent on your availability), from January 25th – April 16th, 2021.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe, Google Suite
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Extensive Film/TV knowledge, including knowledge of HBO content
- Enthusiastic team player preferred
- Strong curiosity for scheduling process preferred
- Savvy with streaming platforms preferred