Engineering Manager, Video - HBO Max
United States - Washington - Seattle
Oct. 15, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
We power the most critical HBO Max user experience - watching video - across all mobile, desktop, and connected devices. As the Senior Manager for Video Services, your teams own and develop the core services for streaming video to millions of users for HBO Max.
As a Senior Manager for WarnerMedia’s video services teams, you will lead the teams that build and support the server-side components for our HBO Max streaming video application. You will own server-side video from the network to glass, including video packaging, video profile selection, rights management and CDN routing.
- Influence the technical agenda for the Video Services teams and the critical features of a product used by millions of customers.
- Work across teams and disciplines to explore technical solutions and evaluate technical tradeoffs, using the latest streaming media technologies and video capabilities
- Improve your team’s development, test, and operations practices.
- Coach managers and engineers on your teams in both technical and career development
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have 8+ years of experience in software development and a proven track record of releasing software
- Have 3+ years of experience directly managing a team of software engineers
- Work with your peers in other departments to build a roadmap for your team
- Deliver scalable engineering designs for customer-facing services
- Have experience developing services for video streaming or similar technology
- Experience in video technologies (e.g. transcoding, packaging, DRM, AVOD, Live/Linear)
- Experience managing multiple teams
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.