Director of Global Strategic Cloud Engineering - HBOMax
United States - New York - New York
Oct. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
We are the team providing the streaming platform technical operational support, guidance, and near real-time customer experience monitoring.
Our team is passionate, talented, and most importantly growing to meet the demand of our direct-to-consumer offerings. We are scaling our organization and expanding, enhancing, and defining our incident management, change management, service level tracking/management, security management practices, and relationship processes.
If you have experience in implementing, scaling, and refining technical operational processes within a highly dynamic and massively scaled direct-to-consumer offering read further J
As a Director of Global Strategic Cloud Engineering at HBO Max, you will be working within a dynamic and growing organization. Helping to formulate an approach and style that compliments both new and existing development and operational process. Your software development and management skills will be key as you will help manage and define the visibility of our operational practices through our world class development team.
As a leader in the technical operations space for our global offering, you will work with teams that span the globe while coordinating, monitoring, and measuring our experiences globally.
In this role, you will help us to:
- Recruit and work with team members to design, deploy, and operate compute, storage, and network platforms globally.
- Provide support to our internationally based planning, product-development, and release teams to enable stability, predictability, and scale for our projected growth.
- Develop and standardize our software development processes for cloud infrastructure automation. Focusing on infrastructure as code for provisioning and maintaining compliance.
- Work in collaboration and coordination with members of our existing SRE and platform engineering teams to implement our strategic ambitions and fostering a collaborative environment.
- Embody and embrace working cross-functionally, eliminating the lines of organizational boundaries in favor of organizing towards shared objectives.
- Establish strategies and roadmaps towards our global infrastructure. Organizing and representing the status of development outcomes.
- Be a self-starter, not afraid to challenge the norms, acting as an informed leader making data-backed decisions.
- When presented with a problem or challenge, see this as an opportunity to take ownership and act independently on it.
- Invest in technical documentation, diagrams, templates, checklists and be meticulous on maintaining accuracy and relevancy.
- Develop operational insights for the instantiation of our tiered support operating model, helping to develop SLIs/SLOs across the broader organization.
- Develop and foster a software development organization that instills mainstream Agile practices while transparently tracking and reporting capacity investments and trade-offs.
- Deliver an industry message through conferences, panels, and papers of our practices, tenets, and values. Further progressing our brand as being the best in the industry.
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies.
- This is a role that has you working towards the implementation of practices to be the best in the industry.
- Additionally, we instill the best management practices across the organization. We believe in the investment of staff and that starts with how we people manage. You will bring innovative and passionate practices to our management team. Simply put – you inspire your team to put forth their best work.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with their technical and non-technical colleagues and executives.
- 10+ Years Managing, Implementing and defining large scale development practices and operational maturity into globally scaled direct-to-consumer offerings.
- Passion for solving large scale distributed systems architecture challenges.
- Experience in product development for large-scale direct-to-consumer offerings with teams that technically managed their operations within a mainstream public cloud offering.
- A background in Software Development and leading technical teams within a product development environment.
- Developed progressive deployment practices within large complex environments.
- A ravenous appetite to learn, measure, and drive the best experiences in our industry.
- Experience working with containers, Docker and/or Kubernetes.
The Nice to Haves
- Operational experience in direct-to-consumer offerings in video content distribution.
- Experience working within multi-cloud organizations.
- Transitioning large organizations towards a DevOps culture.
- Implementation experience in advanced CI/CD tools and techniques.
- Experience in the implementation and instantiation DevSecOps practices.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.