Senior Manager, Social (Soccer) - Bleacher Report
United States - New York - New York
Sep. 15, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewBleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ by Fast Company.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
We're looking for a US-based soccer fanatic who knows how to ideate and create engaging sports content. Take a look at our app and social media for examples of the types of content we try to surface and package. BR Football's programming team works virtually around the clock to give a fresh and unique look to soccer fans wherever they consume content. To ensure that BR Football provides the best user experience across platforms and grows an engaged US soccer audience, our Sr. Managers' responsibilities include executing our US-focused content strategy through ideating and leading the creation of original content. This role is focused on Soccer, but a strong knowledge of major US sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Colleges etc.) is necessary.
- Setting the tone, look and feel of BR Football and Bleacher Report's original soccer content
- Meeting / strategizing with leaders from other business units to align goals and ensure support Signing off on high impact text, graphic, video and multi-media content offerings
- News and social media monitoring
- Swift editorial response and decision making
- Providing mentorship / coaching to junior staff
- Playing an integral part of the hiring and onboarding of new employees
- Provides guidance for resource allocation and needs
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 - 6 years of professional sports media, social media, journalism or marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree with focus in related field such as journalism, sports management, media studies
- High level social/mobile media understanding. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and any experience with CrowdTangle would be considered a major plus.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills.
- Editing skills/experience is ideal; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for detail is important.
- Candidate should be familiar with basic photo editing and a working or advanced knowledge of Photoshop is not essential but definitely beneficial.
- Experience in video production / editing is a major plus.