Assistant Production Manager (VFX)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Sep. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and artists working today. The studio is on the cutting edge of animation technology, and has both CG and traditionally animated projects in current production and development for multiple platforms — including TV, digital and home entertainment — both domestically and internationally.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warner Bros. Animation Inc. seeks an Assistant Production Manager (VFX) for the Post Prod.-Various Projects department. The Assistant Production Manager, for the Graphics and VFX department, will provide overall support and project management for the day-to-day post production processes at WBA.
Acts as point person for the Graphics/Design (GFX) department. Maintains clear and respectful communication with Production regarding schedule expectations and changes, budget concerns, and scope of work. Adjusts with Production as schedules shift.
- Works with Production and the VFX Manager to schedule and manage the workloads of the GFX team. This includes:
- Deck/presentation design
- Development pitch materials
- Production design management – credits, title cards, main titles
- Marketing materials
- Other requests that arise
- Manages the GFX Task List worksheet, including setting reminders for upcoming deadlines as well as centralizing all project details into one location for the graphics team to reference.
- Makes sure all necessary materials are provided to the graphics team and that all final assets are delivered to the Production.
- Works directly with the Art Director of Motion and Design and the GFX team to provide any necessary assistance relating to the GFX project workload.
- Interfaces with the VFX APM for any overlapping projects within the GFX/VFX department to make sure that all show needs are met in a timely manner.
- Reports to the VFX Production Manager and keeps them informed of overall department workload and needs.
- Performs new duties/jobs as they arise.
- College degree preferred. Post Production courses preferred.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years experience in one or more of the following fields, film, digital video, post production or animation.
- Graphic design knowledge a plus.
- Minimum 1-2 years production management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, databases, and Macintosh required.
- Strong scheduling, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills are imperative.
- Strong people skills necessary.
- Must have knowledge of film/animation/technical pipelines and terminology.
- Excellent communicator of accurate and efficient information required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Must have good understand of written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must have the ability to work under production time constraints.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.