Character Art Intern (temporary)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Creative, Game Development/Publishing, Graphics/Design/Art
United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
Aug. 27, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewAvalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive! We can’t wait to share what’s next in the world of immersive experiences!
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for an art intern for their Character Department to work on an unannounced AAA title.
We are looking for a talented artist with strong art foundations/functional technical skills and with a knowledge of anatomy. Applicants should be creative self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy collaborating in a team setting with other artists, programmers and designers to create an immersive game experience. If this is you, send us your resume and portfolio for consideration.
- Learn and implement the established artistic direction using references, documents, etc.
- Research subject matter to support and inform team
- With your immediate supervisor plan the game concept or asset to be created while considering the game design and technical constraints
- Have the characters validated by the Lead Artist or Art Director
- Verify the quality of created assets once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Any other ad-hoc duties as needed
- Strong artistic foundation in design, composition, color, rendering, anatomy
- Creative, with an eye for details
- Enjoy creating a wide variety of content including creatures, monsters, animals, humans and anything else that may be needed
- Good knowledge of a 3D software package, preferably Maya
- Understanding and proven implementation of UVs and good topology
- Understanding of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors
- Understanding of Unreal engine is helpful
- Good knowledge of Zbrush
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Substance Painter, Designer a plus
- Mari, Marvelous Designer, 3D Coat knowledge is a plus