Associate Cinematic Designer (Temporary)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Creative, Game Design, Game Development/Publishing
United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
Aug. 26, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewAvalanche, a Warner Bros. Games studio, located along the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, has been in the video game business for 22 years. Acquired by Warner Bros. in 2016, we are at the top of our game and in the midst of creating a new, open world, action RPG experience, set in the Wizarding World - Hogwarts Legacy! Come join us in imagining adventures and creating worlds together.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a passionate Cinematic Designer (temporary) to join our growing team on an unannounced AAA title!
Using their knowledge of cinematography and visual storytelling, the Cinematic team works with Producers, Story Artists, Animators, Level Designers, FX Artists, Sound Artists, and Lighters to generate dramatic cutscenes, create alluring marketing videos, and add life and appeal to the conversations and environments of our games.
- Work with directors to infuse gameplay with life and environmental storytelling
- Assist with shepherding in-game scenes throughout the process of creation and ensure their completion at a high degree of quality.
- Identify custom animation needs while also making use of our existing animation libraries.
- Assist with cinematic integration into the engine.
- Adhere to pipeline and technical requirements.
- 2+ years’ experience working as a Cinematic Designer/Artist
- Experience using Maya and Unreal’s Sequencer system
- A talent for technical problem solving
- Understanding of animation basics such as staging, posing, and timing
- Knowledge of the art of cinematography, pacing, and editing
- Ability to balance effective time management with quality production work under tight deadlines
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and teach proprietary systems