Senior Level Designer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Canada - Quebec - Montreal
Apr. 07, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewAbout WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Level Designer to be responsible for level creation, AI Encounters and scripting.
Work with the Lead Level Designer and Programmers to design, implement and maintain levels and encounters.
Collaborate with Programmers and Artists to ensure effective integration of game design, art, animation, and technology.
Troubleshoot design elements; implement bug fixes and iterations based on need. Work with the testing department throughout the project to ensure the game plays and performs as intended.
Ability to own and iterate content to AAA quality with minimum supervision.
- Using UNREAL 4 as well as proprietary WB tools to create and debug content.
- Create and maintain high quality Level Design and Mission Design Documents
- Creating Layouts in the form of dungeons, from gray block geometry to polished form.
- Using the Unreal Blueprint tools to script triggers, combat, stealth gameplay, objectives and scripted events.
- Become a contact point for other departments (Level Art, Cinematics, FX, Sound, Programmers, etc.)
- Regularly present your work to Directors, and adjust quickly to Director Feedback
- Work closely with other level designers and programmers/artists/animators
- Mentor Junior/Intermediate Level Designers
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of game/level design experience plus a record of designing levels for successful, published software products.
- Having shipped a minimum of two AAA titles.
- Experience as a level designer for published AAA PC and/or Digital console titles.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills including a high standard of written English.
- Strong scripting ability (Blueprint, Kismet, LUA…).
- Strong environment/Layout creation and iteration skills.
- Art or engineering skills a plus.
- Proficient with 3D Studio MAX or MAYA a definite plus.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.