Sr. Mgr., Business Operations (Strategic Initiatives)- HBO Max
United States - California - Burbank
Sep. 24, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
The Business Operations team builds connective tissue for HBO Max, empowering our cross-functional partners with the tools, processes, and structure they need to do their best work. On the daily, we partner across all teams in the organization to define processes, drive efficiency and create visibility. We are versatile, flexible, and diplomatic, proactively identifying opportunities to support our cross-functional partners by improving BAU operations and tackling new strategic initiatives in an ever-evolving environment.
The Senior Manager, Business Operations will focus on leading and bringing sound processes to uncharted, undefined territory including strategic initiatives and product enhancements. You will identify opportunity, adeptly navigate ambiguity, build strong cross-functional bridges between teams, and deliver repeatable, scalable processes that serve the needs of our cross functional partners and the business as a whole. You are diplomatic, tactical, and kind, someone who is detail-oriented but consistently keeps the bigger picture in mind. You are truly collaborative, always up for a new challenge, and enjoy making the business better for everyone.
- Biz Ops' roles and scope will evolve as the business does - adaptability and a wholehearted willingness to pivot and take on whatever is needed is essential.
- Report to the Director of Business Operations for HBO Max and lead new strategic initiatives driving the expansion and enhancement of HBO Max.
- Support our cross-functional partners and lead your fellow Biz Ops team members through new initiatives with clear, strategic planning and process design.
- Lead a team of Managers to effectively tackle strategic projects
- Create and present impactful business-case storytelling for executives and stakeholders.
- Secure necessary buy-in from stakeholders to ensure successful deployment and adoption of new processes.
- Develop strong, trusted relationships with all of our cross-functional partners.
- Build, maintain, and optimize forms, reports, trackers and dashboards (Smartsheet, Jira, Asana) and help onboard our stakeholders with new tools to enable scalable and repeatable operations.
- Be a champion for sensible, effective processes.
- Consistently monitor and enhance our current practices including process, tools, and communications plans.
- 7+ years of experience in project management / program management / business operations / management consulting
- Familiarity with streaming services and/or media, production, digital supply-chain, media/marketing operations
- Start-up experience is a strong plus
- Thrives in ambiguous, rapidly evolving environments, constantly, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including negotiation and coalition building with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, accountable, and kind
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands