Programs Director, Diversity Enterprise Inclusion
United States - California - Burbank
Aug. 24, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
The Programs Director will work closely with the team as they develop and manage D&I programs across the WarnerMedia ecosystem, both domestically and internationally. This role will deliver meaningful programs, solutions and connections to cultivate a more engaged workforce, enable us to better reflect the markets we serve, and partner with our businesses to foster an open and inclusive culture.
- Execute and advance the WarnerMedia global D&I strategy in collaboration with internal partners, including talent acquisition and other HR stakeholders, to support key business needs, goals, and objectives.
- Expand, scale, and brand existing D&I initiatives to attract, cultivate, and retain diverse talent.
- Create a centralized, cross-functional, and diverse talent pipeline for projects and processes across the WarnerMedia enterprise, with a focus on TV & Film.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to design company wide D&I programming, including training, workshops, and events.
- Manage relationships with existing external partners and help build new partnerships, specifically as they relate to support underrepresented populations.
- Collect and maintain accurate and timely D&I data and reporting to measure progress and identify opportunities.
- Stay abreast of global data and trends in the industry and maintain up-to-date knowledge of global diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- The role will coordinate and liaise frequently with diversity organizations, industry groups, guilds and our own BRGs.
- Experience working with on and off camera talent, writers, directors and producers
- Experience in TV / Film / or Production
- Knowledge of US television and film development production processes
- Experience designing programs and building a curriculum
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of prior experience in workplace culture, diversity and inclusion, and/or related experience.
- Demonstrated passion for diversity and innovation.
- Proactive collaborator and problem-solver with demonstrated ability to oversee a project from concept to completion.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to develop meaningful relationships and effectively partner with individuals and groups of multicultural backgrounds.
- Able to balance multiple priorities, be resourceful and make quick decisions while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter mentality and comfortable working independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience at a media company, creative agency, or brand is a plus.