SVP, North America
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Aug. 06, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio’s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Harry Potter.
The division’s successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
The SVP of North America is responsible for overall strategic direction and driving growth and development within the NA region (US & Canada). This includes category and consumer segmentation strategies, retail and licensee relationship management and digital sales and merchandising strategies. This leader is a key member of the executive team and actively participates in strategic planning for the business unit that will drive growth while supporting the long term Global vision for Consumer Products.
- Develop a digital-first strategy in support of financial goals, product category objectives, and retail sales plans for North America within a multi-billion dollar retail consumer products licensing organization.
- Responsible for keeping pace with the evolving digitally-driven consumer mindset
- Collaborate in partnership with Franchise Development & Management, Digital Strategy, Creative/Product Development, Finance & Business Development, and cross divisional partners as appropriate
- Activate global franchise development and strategic category plans in region while working closely with global leaders in Burbank.
- Lead team development and organizational strategy in partnership with local and Global HR.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with best in class licensees and retail partners.
- Drive consumer insights in support of key categories and retail channels, leveraging competitive analyses, data mining and business trends, including geo/political/socio/economic factors.
- Drive and implement all contractual agreements with licensees and retailers, partnering with Business Affairs, Legal and Finance.
- Focus on key development areas of focus in the U.S. and Canada.
- Minimum 15 years in category management, licensing and/or vertical operations, retail, marketing required
- College Degree/Equivalent experience required
- Experience managing across territories and/or regions a plus.
- Must have knowledge and experience in e-commerce, social commerce and digital Merchandising
- Previous experience managing remote business and teams in multiple countries strongly preferred
- Must have knowledge of category management, retail and franchise marketing
- Must have thorough knowledge of licensing industry
- Must have effective and proven communication and negotiation skills
- Must have leadership experience motivating and activating a team
- Must have effective and proven management skills
- Remote leadership experience required
- Travel requirements: up to 30%