Senior Texture Artist
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Canada - Quebec - Montreal
Jul. 31, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewAbout WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks an experienced Senior Texture Artist who will mainly focus on creating environment Textures as well as for characters and props on a cutting-edge AAA Game.
You will use different modeling and texturing software (3DsMax, Maya, Substance Designer, Painter, ZBrush…) in combination with Unreal Engine.
- Work in close collaboration with other texture artists, level artists and modelers to create textures for environments, characters and other assets.
- Work in collaboration with the Lead, Art Directors and Tech Artists to insure that all textures respect artistic and technical requirements in engine.
- Participate as a member of the team to find various technical and design solutions; provide feedback to other members of the production team.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 5 years of texture creation experience
- Strong portfolio
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- No specific requirement
- Able to work efficiently while achieving a high standard of quality
- Can share knowledge and experience with others; possess a strong initiative, excellent communication skills, time management and problem resolution.
- Able to achieve realism and balance with albedo / normal / specular / height values.
- Able to work in a height-based texturing workflow for material blending.
- Experience with PBR texture pipelines
- Able to plan Material/Texture Kits for Architectural assets or groups of assets.
- Comfortable with Zbrush/Mudbox Height Map modeling is a plus.
- Strive in team work.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.