Senior Research Analyst
France - Paris
Jul. 31, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Senior Audience Insights (Research Analyst) role sits within the CNNIC Audiences & Data team. The CNNIC Audiences & Data team sits at the heart of the CNNIC business ensuring that data-driven insights underpin our decision making, campaign performance as well as the commercial strategy of CNN International.
The core purpose of the Audience Insights team is to ensure real and current audience understanding is embedded with all aspects of our service offering. Delivering on our Audiences & Data vision requires: 1. Putting the CNN viewer at the heart of everything we do and providing the business with a deep knowledge of the CNNi consumer, international marketplace and broader industry trends to shape how to meet the needs of the CNN viewer 2. Organising ourselves for success through strategy and high-level delivery to senior clients (internally and externally) helping inform big investment decision 3. Creating a full-service audience insight discipline that allows use to utilise a variety of techniques and approaches to answer client’s business challenges.
The Senior Audience Insights (Research) Analyst is responsible for transforming data into meaningful, compelling and engaging content using survey and first party data together with industry knowledge and trends. The role requires the candidate to support the overall Audiences & Data playbook and roadmap. Additionally, the role requires the candidate to work in close partnership with the intelligence & analytics team, CNNIC ad sales and Turner DV&I to drive how we measure and understand our audiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accurately interpret client’s/stakeholder’s briefs and deliver the pertinent and high-level analytical insight presentations that fully contextualise the question with industry trends, commercial landscape and audience insights to provide actionable insights.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to regularly monitor audience understanding and campaign effectiveness capabilities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Ad Sales management, communicating on a regular basis, understanding their challenges and identifying the best audience resource(s) to deploy.
- Work with the head of audience insights to promote the team and our services across the business through workshops, knowledge sharing sessions and other internal meetings.
What we’re looking for:
- Solid experience within research, insights, analytics or consulting in understanding audiences and evaluating campaign performance.
- Demonstrate quantitative skills and the ability to roll up sleeves and dig into the numbers.
- Be able to work independently and have the confidence to make decisions.
- Have a strong attention to detail and be able to quality check their own work to ensure that data anomalies/mistakes are caught prior to delivery of the analysis to the client teams.
- Have a genuine appetite for understanding people beyond general demographics.
- Able to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Will love data, but more specifically love the way data can be used to find insight and tell stories.
- Be able to differentiate what might be ‘interesting’ to what can be reliably considered as commercially insightful and can make decisions off the back of the data.
- Be passionate about interesting ways of visualising data when reporting insights – doing beyond the data tables.
- Data analysis programming language (VBA, R, Python, SPSS, etc).
- Statistical and analytical approaches.
- Be an ambitious thinking and will harness a querying instinct to question why findings are as they are – pushing beyond reporting metric shifts and hunting for the story and the why.
- Knowledge of data analysis software (e.g. IMS) and familiar with key TV and online consumer research and audience measurement sources.
- Great understanding of research concepts and survey methodologies.
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. Many of our staff work flexibly in many ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.