Associate Social Manager, HBO Max, Originals Marketing
United States - California - Burbank
Jul. 24, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
The Associate Social Manager, HBO Max Originals Marketing will contribute to breakthrough strategies across all social platforms, manage the daily execution across organic & paid programs, and lead community management efforts for Max Originals series & movies. These ladder-up to overarching campaign strategies, delivering a heavy social-first lens across creative content that drives conversation and buzz, informed by performance insights to iterate throughout. Our campaigns take an audience-first, editorial lens to develop strong organic content across social platforms including YouTube digital video, TikTok/Snapchat, and adjacent content like podcasts. They will push the boundaries of social media innovation, delivering best-in-class consumer experiences, and report into the Director of Social, HBO Max Originals Marketing.
- Support our social campaigns alongside the Social Manager for premium Max Originals series across all social platforms/partners, including managing the day-to-day execution.
- Implement programs end-to-end including contributing to strategies, facilitating content development and approvals across both organic and paid social/digital campaigns.
- Lead community management strategies, agencies, communication plans, copy, detailed posting plans and optimizations to best-serve our audiences and lean into the latest trends/conversations.
- Partner with our creative, media and marketing operations teams to deliver a high-volume of digital & social assets to publish across all social & digital platforms.
- Manage asset & spec deliveries, detailed timelines, agency deliveries, QC, and publishing tools.
- Evaluate daily social performance and conversations to inform and adjust content & communication plans, leaning into reactive moments and trending conversations.
- Partner closely with the strategic and creative team members in Max Originals Program Marketing, data/analytics, growth marketing teams, product marketing, media planning, editorial, research, PR, finance, and other teams to create and manage multiple concurrent campaigns.
- Support the execution of social programs across influencers, digital video media partners, talent social content, brand/growth marketing teams and internal partnerships.
- Key contributor to a team culture that breaks the mold, fueled by innovation & creativity in a fast-paced environment, with positive & transparent collaboration.
- 3+ years social marketing experience, driving interest, viewing and engagement for series and/or films
- A sincere love for streaming entertainment, television, movies, storytelling and the internet
- Expert in the latest social platform best practices and how to maximize engagement (Instagram, IGTV, Twitter, Facebook, Snap, TikTok, YouTube, Reddit and other emerging platforms),
- Finger on the pulse with the latest trends, competitive entertainment social campaigns and pop-culture.
- Understanding of paid social & digital programs/placements/partners, as part of executing a wholistic social & digital campaign.
- Strong communication, presentation skills and positive team collaboration is a must
- Detail-oriented project management skills, interest in developing insights-driven campaigns, and continuous curiosity to best-serve audiences and campaigns.
- Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility to try new things.
- With a core social expertise, demonstrate the ability to think broader - understand strategy to deliver big ideas that align with audiences and campaign goals, contribute to trends, deliver buzz, and execute tactically.
- Understanding of current dynamic entertainment landscape, competitive creative campaigns and consumer trends.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands