Social Manager, HBO Max, Originals Marketing
United States - California - Burbank
Jul. 24, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
The Social Manager, HBO Max Originals Marketing will develop breakthrough strategies across all social platforms, along with overseeing the execution across social stunts, partnerships, across organic & paid content for Max Originals on and off the service. These ladder-up to overarching campaign strategies, delivering a heavy social-first lens across creative content that drives conversation and buzz, informed by performance insights to iterate throughout. Our campaigns take an audience-first, editorial lens to develop strong organic content across social platforms including YouTube digital video, TikTok/Snapchat, and adjacent content like podcasts. They will push the boundaries of social media innovation, delivering best-in-class consumer experiences, and reporting into the Director of Social, HBO Max Originals Marketing.
- Develop innovative social media strategies and strong creative content for premium Max Originals series & films across all social platforms/partners, including overseeing the execution.
- Embrace a wholistic social-first view of serving campaign strategies, unique audiences, embracing the latest trends, and maximizing platform best practices.
- Deliver social campaigns that generate conversation, authenticity to audiences/fans, and engagement to drive word-of-mouth, awareness and viewership.
- Oversee the social content strategies and content calendar, partnering with the creative team & agencies to execute social & digital plans.
- Evaluate social performance across multiple KPI's with a deep understanding of analytics and how performance metrics inform and adjust strategies, providing actionable recommendations throughout the campaign lifecycle.
- Partner closely with the strategic and creative team members in Max Originals Program Marketing, data/analytics, growth marketing teams, product marketing, media planning, editorial, research, PR, legal, and other teams to create and manage multiple concurrent campaigns.
- In addition to the core social campaign, manage influencer programs, digital video strategies, social partnerships, social extensions from media partners, talent social content, and like-minded brands to drive viewership and broaden the reach of campaign messaging.
- Key contributor to a team culture that breaks the mold, fueled by innovation & creativity in a fast-paced environment, with positive & transparent collaboration.
- 5+ years social marketing experience, driving interest, viewing and engagement for series and/or films
- A sincere love for streaming entertainment, television, movies, storytelling and the internet
- Demonstrate highly creative & experimental campaigns, with the ability to meet a high-bar of quality content creation
- Expert in the latest social platform best practices and how to maximize engagement (Instagram, IGTV, Twitter, Facebook, Snap, TikTok, YouTube, Reddit and other emerging platforms),
- Finger on the pulse with the latest trends, competitive entertainment social campaigns and pop-culture.
- Understanding of paid social & digital programs/placements/partners, as part of planning a wholistic social & digital strategy.
- Strong communication, presentation skills and positive team collaboration is a must
- With a core social expertise, demonstrate the ability to think broader - understand strategy to deliver big ideas that align with audiences and campaign goals, create trends, deliver buzz, and execute tactically.
- Understanding of current dynamic entertainment landscape, competitive creative campaigns and consumer trends.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands