United States - New York - New York
Jul. 24, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The CNN Digital Productions team is a group of multi-talented, passionate producers dedicated to telling impactful stories. We produce premium digital video series and shows with an emphasis on OTT off-platform. These are stories for the modern news consumer, wherever they experience news, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today.
"Go There" is a single-topic daily news show built for the next generation of news junkies. The show primarily airs on the Facebook Watch platform and features CNN talent from around the globe. The program is an innovation lab of sorts, allowing our producers and reporters to experiment with different styles, formats, and tools to engage the audience - all with longform storytelling and mobile viewership in mind.
- Working in a pressure-driven environment to produce a daily 10-minute show for the Facebook Watch platform
- Collaborating with show's supervising producer, senior producer, editors, CNN's social media team, and domestic/international correspondents
- Scripting episodes and producing stories under tight deadlines
- Pitching compelling, immersive, original, and creative content
- Occasional field production (locally as needed and permitted)
- Managing production resources and assets coming in from the field
- Mentoring junior-level employees
- Assisting in show scheduling and delivering post-production assets
- 5-7 years working in a news or documentary production environment
- Solid experience producing and coordinating live hits from inside of a control room/remotely
- Sharp editorial news judgement
- Strong communication skills
- Expertise in writing and producing
- Outstanding organizational, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills
- Quick-thinker who thrives under pressure
- Creative and unafraid to share new ideas and initiatives
- Ability to collaborate with others in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Inherent curiosity and strong inclination for news, trending stories, and current events
- Past social experience a plus
- Proficiency with video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro) a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience