Social Director, HBO Max, Originals Marketing
United States - California - Burbank
Jul. 24, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
This is an opportunity to be part of a marketing team from the ground-up and shape the social team of the future. The Social Director for Max Originals will be responsible for developing breakthrough social strategies that drive social conversation and fan engagement for Max Originals series and movies. Use social to promote titles through an editorial lens across all established and emerging platforms (Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, etc). Oversee all aspects of the social campaign across organic, editorial-driven content, paid social efforts, YouTube digital video, on-set social capture and content extensions such as podcasts. They will be responsible from initial strategy development, through creative concepting, all the way to seeing the campaigns through execution. They will need to ensure that all social stunts and content align with overarching campaign strategies, have consistent tone & messaging across consumer touchpoints, tap into innovation & experimentation, are driven by insights, are iterative throughout, and deliver engaging content for customers. They will report to the VP of HBO Max Originals Marketing.
- Develop overarching social campaigns that support broader campaign objectives with a premium and curated audience-first approach.
- Develop social content with an editorial mindset, informed by the latest platform best-practices with a creative curiosity to continually experiment and iterate creative development.
- Craft first-to-market innovations and social stunts that lead industry trends, engage talent, drive conversations and build robust social communities. Balance bold swings with creative ideas grounded in strategy and insights.
- Lead a social team of managers, associate managers and coordinators who all contribute to best-in-class execution in a collaborative and nimble team environment. Empowering team members to take ownership and contribute to overarching plans.
- Key thought-leader in creating new approaches to social marketing campaigns, in building robust social communities, and developing efficient/tech-driven workstreams and processes across the growing team.
- Partner closely with the marketing analytics & insights team to establish KPIs, evaluate campaign performance, and provide strategic & creative shifts throughout campaigns across organic & paid social placements.
- Integrate social activities with the strategic and creative marketing members in Max Originals Marketing team, product marketing, media planning, editorial, research, PR, legal, and other teams to create and manage multiple concurrent campaigns.
- Social lead for all on-set capture content in partnership with agencies and the production teams. Includes developing concepts during production and during custom Marketing/Gallery shoots.
- Key contributor to a team culture that breaks the mold, fueled by innovation & creativity in a fast-paced environment, with positive & transparent collaboration.
- 8+ years social marketing experience, driving interest, viewing and engagement for series and/or films
- A sincere love for streaming entertainment, television, movies and storytelling
- Demonstrate highly creative, experimental and the ability to meet a high bar of quality content creation
- Strong communication, presentation skills and positive team collaboration is a must
- With a core creative expertise, demonstrate the ability to think broader - understand strategy to deliver big creative ideas that align with audiences and campaign goals, and execute tactically.
- Expertise in social and digital content best practices, unique creative opportunities across various platforms (Instagram, IGTV, Snap, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter and other emerging platforms), along with understanding of the creative content process.
- Understanding of current dynamic entertainment landscape, competitive creative campaigns and consumer trends.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands