CX Writer - HBO Max
United States - Washington - Seattle
Jul. 23, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
As the CX Writer on the CX Strategy & Ops team, you'll be responsible for writing content that answers customer questions (like, How do I sign in to HBO Max?). You have a knack for translating complicated tasks into clear, easy-to-understand steps that anyone can follow. As a CX Writer, you'll work closely with a creative and fast-moving team to create content that solves customer problems (like, Why isn't my video fullscreen?). The content that you write will help HBO Max viewers find solutions and enhance their experience with HBO Max. This role is responsible for bringing the WarnerMedia voice to life across diverse customer communications (email, chat, scripts, tweets, and our HBO Max Help Center), by writing content that simplifies and strengthens the customer experience.
- Research and write content that guides, enhances and transforms the customer experience across all communication channels: email, chat, phone scripts, digital assistant, social/community, and our help center.
- Prepare concise messaging to support a wide range of releases, including new devices, software updates, promotions, partnerships, shows/movies and more.
- Partner with the CX Strategy & Ops team to understand common support issues and address them with our content.
- Write sensitive escalation responses and templates for the CX Operations team.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the WarnerMedia Direct writing style, tone, and voice; work across multiple teams to ensure the voice and tone are consistent across all CX touchpoints.
- Leverage multiple data sources to provide data-driven analysis and content recommendations, with a commitment towards continuous improvement of the customer experience.
- Continue iterating on, testing, and optimizing content to help uncover the most successful approaches.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or related field
- 2-4 years of experience writing online help content for a consumer product (ideally, software)
- Able to translate complicated tasks into clear and easy-to-understand steps
- Experience writing customer service responses for social media
- A self-starter and creative problem solver, with the ability to write content quickly
- Passionate about building and cultivating a best-in-class customer experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Possess a customer-centric point of view
- Highly organized and detail orientated; able to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively across teams and disciplines
- Able to work autonomously with direction and mentorship
- Proficient using quantitative data and qualitative feedback to identify opportunities and inform recommendations
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
- Relentlessly positive, with a 'can't be stopped' attitude
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands