Associate Product Manager - HBO Max
United States - California - Burbank, United States - New York - New York, United States - Washington - Seattle
Jul. 22, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
WarnerMedia Direct to Consumer (DTC), a division of WarnerMedia, is looking for an Associate Product Manager to help build a best in class ecommerce platform to support subscriber growth for HBO MAX. You will be responsible for helping execute the vision, the product strategy and roadmap that support subscriber growth and retention. You are an effective cross-functional team leader who can drive successful implementation and delivery of various subscription-related initiatives. As an Associate Product Manager, you will be building, integrating, and maintaining the tools used by the growth marketing, business operations and strategy teams. You will be the expert teams turn to when they want to optimize or implement solutions to drive customer acquisition, retention and loyalty. In this key connecting role, you will collaborate with business stakeholders and a cross-functional team of Designers, Technical Program Managers and Engineers to develop a product portfolio and roadmap to support key partnerships and promotional opportunities. You will interface and facilitate portfolio planning with business stakeholders to ensure alignment and seek input for planning purposes. You have strong product sense, as well as organizational and problem-solving skills. You are also experienced and comfortable navigating ambiguity and influencing without authority. Occasional travel required. This position reports to the Director of ecommerce for HBO Max.
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog that supports KPIs and the organization's strategic priorities
- Be the customer-expert and solve customer problems; be fully knowledgeable of pain points experienced by customers and work with the team to identify opportunities for improvement
- Continuous reporting and analytics on performance & metrics, including post-project release impact reports, leading to actionable plans and results
- Be a subject matter expert in acquisition and retention ecommerce tactics
- Work closely with business development and operations teams to continue to evolve and scale the commerce platform capabilities
- Partner in product discovery to derive requirements enabling agile development teams to deliver efficiently.
- Maintain internal and external relationships with regard to technical teams, content, project management, internal departments, and vendors.
- 0-2 years of professional experience , preferably Product Management experience
- Previous ecommerce, digital coupons/offers, subscriptions or payments experience
- Analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Highly developed organizational, planning and analytical capabilities with tactical execution
- Demonstrated interpersonal and strong communication skills; written and oral
- Formal and informal presentation skills in small and large group settings
- Self-starter, accountable and empowered
- Passionate about the SVOD, ecommerce and entertainment industries
- Bachelor's degree and/or MBA a big plus
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands