United States - New York - New York
Jul. 28, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN Digital is a team of highly skilled individuals that build and supports tools that allow our customers to access CNN content from any digital platform at any time. While WarnerMedia is a large company, at CNN Digital we are agile in our project practice and startup-minded in our pursuit of delivering "better than class" technologies to our partners to support CNN being #1 in news.
You will provide leadership, technical guidance, advice, support, and mentoring to a team of professionals within the CNN Politics team. You will offer expert design planning focusing on tool and process development to support and enable future-focused architecture solutions. This planning and development will happen in both subject-matter specific team settings as well as in the larger enterprise application division. You will cross-functionally partner with management to ensure best in class solutions are resilient and scalable to ensure continued success for the organization. The Technical Director for CNN Politics and you will work together closely on the above as you also engage fellow Architects and foster a community of learning and impactful decision making.
- Provide technical leadership to fellow architects, partners and developers in a cross-functional way to engage both project and enterprise level initiatives
- Mentor, guide, coach, and support individual technical skill and growth across the architecture team and the organization at large
- Conduct information-sharing, reaching or evaluation sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry trends and upcoming initiatives
- Develop reusable tools and components that developers can implement and learn from
- Develop resilient and scalable systems to ensure key goals are accomplished
- Effectively communicate complicated system architecture concepts and business value in a way your target audience will understand
- Expert analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with complex applications, technologies, and business concepts
- Ability to think strategically in a future-forward landscape
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrating the ability to present various topics along with writing proposals and guidance documents
- Demonstrated proactive customer service skills
- Demonstrated team leadership, delegation, teamwork, and basic management skills
- Knowledge of Kanban and Scrum Agile Methodologies for software development
- At least seven years demonstrated expertise in software and systems engineering, with a focus on applications architecture in a team-based setting
- Demonstrated leadership with development teams that provided expert level knowledge of software development methodology, practice, and architecture across the full project life cycle
- Demonstrated advanced experience reading and translating data, process, and business models into technical designs within a team and project-based setting
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business or enterprise units
- Demonstrated working knowledge of industry and business processes including such areas as marketing, design, and finance
- Cloud certified or demonstrated cloud skills (GCP, AWS, Azure) along with practical experience in performance and security
- Demonstrated experience in container-based application architectures, including proficiency in Docker and Kubernetes
- Advanced devops skills in continuous deployment configurations with Jenkins, Terraform, and AWS tools like CloudFormation
- Experience building and maintaining complex applications at very large scale
- Strong Node.js and Python skills
- Experience with ETL at-scale
- Experience with Front-End and Back-End development
- Comfortable with AWS Dev-ops (CloudFormation, CodeBuild)
- Familiar with NoSQL databases
- Functional knowledge of US civics, elections, and an interest in politics
- Familiarity with Rancher for Kubernetes orchestration
- Familiarity with Neo4J or other graph databases
- Experience with Airflow or other ETL frameworks