Sr. Director, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence - HBO Max
Big Data/Analytics, Data Science, Engineering
United States - California - Burbank, United States - California - Los Angeles
Sep. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
The Sr. Director, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence will grow and lead a team of talented Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) researchers and engineers to develop innovative machine learning algorithms, scalable ML system, and AI applications for HBO Max. This role will be focused on developing and deploying personalization and recommender system, search, experimentation, audience, and content AI solutions to drive user experience and growth.
The Sr. Director will partner closely with product, engineering, content, marketing, and research stakeholders across WarnerMedia to identify ML opportunities, accelerate AI innovation, and to ensure delivery of impactful solutions for the business.
- Develop innovative data science solutions that utilize machine learning and deep learning algorithms, statistical and quantitative modeling approaches to support product, engineering, content, and marketing initiatives.
- Build and lead a world-class team of ML and AI scientists and engineers.
- Be a hands-on leader to mentor the team in latest machine learning and deep learning approaches, and to introduce new technologies and processes.
- Work with ML engineers to design solution architecture and develop scalable machine learning system to accelerate learning cycle.
- Identify data science opportunities that deliver business value.
- Develop ML/AI roadmap, and educate both internal and external stakeholders at all levels to drive implementation and measurement.
- Provide thought leadership to enable ML/AI applications.
- Manage projects priorities and ensure timely delivery.
- Develop and evangelize best practices for scoping, building, validating, deploying, and monitoring ML/AI products.
- Prepare and present ML modeling results and analytical insights that help drive the business to senior leadership.
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, or other equivalent quantitative fields
- 8 + years of work experience in Machine Learning, AI and Data Science with a proven track record to drive innovation and business impacts
- 3 + years of managing a team of data scientists, ML and AI researchers and engineers
- Strong machine learning, deep learning, and statistical modeling expertise, such as causal inference modeling, ensembles, neural networks, reinforcement learning, NLP, and computer vision
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with big data platform (AWS, Snowflake, Spark, Google Cloud etc.)
- Proficiency in machine learning and deep learning languages and platforms (Python, R, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet etc.)
- Experience in deploying machine learning algorithms and advanced modeling solutions
- Experience in developing advanced analytics and ML infrastructure and system
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analysis and algorithms to non-technical audience
- Works effectively cross functional teams to build trusted partnership
- Working experience in digital media and entertainment industry preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferred
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands