SVP, Communications & Public Relations
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Jul. 22, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an SVP, Communications & Public Relations for the Executive KYAC department. Dual-reporting to the President, GKYAC and Executive Vice President, Worldwide Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, the Senior Vice President Communications, Global Kids, Young Adults and Classics will be responsible for leading the communications strategy and communications team for GKYAC business globally, including Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Warner Bros. Animation (television), Boomerang and Turner Classic Movies (TCM).
This person will be both the strategic communications tactician and the division’s primary spokesperson. He/she/they will formulate an integrated communications vision for this business and lead all relevant communications efforts, both internal and external. This person will not only build a strong, integrated communications program, but lead a talented team of professionals to help implement and expand it. The candidate will aggressively build and enhance on already highly esteemed reputations and brands.
- Providing strategic communications counsel and executive support to the President of Global Kids, Young Adults and Classics, and the division’s executives including identifying and securing appropriate speaking engagements and opportunities for interviews and presentations, op-ed, and other forums that position the division’s senior executives as leaders in the industry.
- Building and enhancing the overall Warner Bros. Global Kids, Young Adults & Classics brand and advancing its reputation and corporate values inside and outside the industry.
- Working with Warner Bros.’ Head of Global Communications, and in collaboration with the communications teams across Warner Bros. on enterprise communications objectives, to assure consistency of corporate messages and clear communication of the company’s business goals, strategies, and performance to the entire array of internal and external audiences.
- Working closely with senior executives in other critical GKYAC communication functions including marketing and human relations to assure consistency of messages and clear communication of business goals, strategies and performance to the entire array of internal and external audiences.
- Building, mentoring and leading a strategic, skillful communications staff.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in marketing or communications, is required; MBA or other graduate degree is a plus.
- The successful candidate has at least 15 years of communications/public relations experience working at a senior level in a major corporation or a public relations firm where he/she/they managed the development and implementation of integrated strategic communications plans for large, complex, and global organizations.
- H/She will have demonstrated expertise leading, managing and mentoring teams supporting multiple brands.
- Specific experience in a Global Media & Entertainment company is highly coveted.
- This person is a proven communications strategist and tactician who has demonstrated the ability to build a brand and manage the reputation of a major business organization either as a public relations consultant or an in-house executive.
- Smart, outgoing, personable and collegial, this person values networking and appreciates the importance of listening. He/she/they is an analytical and a critical thinker who is comfortable offering new and creative communications ideas that support the dissemination and understanding of the company, its unique position in the market and the strength of its performance and its brands.
- This person has extensive experience counseling senior executives at the highest level and has proven his/her/their ability to become a trusted advisor to them regarding both internal and external communications issues.
- Candidate will have a healthy ego and should be self-confident to deal with high level executives across all the businesses. Will have the ability and knowledge to push back where appropriate.
- He/She/They is a strong advocate and implementer of internal communications and understands that productivity and employee commitment are strongly affected by clear, ongoing, candid dialogue with all of the company’s internal constituencies.