QA Game Tester (temporary)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Game QA/Localization
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Jun. 26, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
WB Games Boston is looking to hire a QA Game Tester (temporary) to join their QA Game team. This role is responsible for ensuring adherence to high quality standards for the studio’s titles, including usability, functionality, game balance and overall quality.
The QA Game Tester is a key contributor in identifying game defects, maintaining a culture of teamwork and will provide valuable qualitative feedback to the team. Tasks will include test plan execution, bug regression and defect investigation.
Ideal candidates should be highly motivated and passionate about video games!
- Perform daily exploratory and focused testing on various mobile platforms.
- Execute Build Verification Tests to meet quality benchmarks.
- Log, prioritize and track defects and accurately communicate them to the development team.
- Regress bug fixes and ensure they are no longer occurring.
- Contribute to qualitative reports regarding game features and design.
- Provide feedback on usability and player experience.
- Assist in creating a comprehensive test plan and other test strategies.
- QA Games/Software testing experience in mobile (iOS/Android).
- Passionate about mobile games of multiple genres.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complicated or difficult information to multiple audiences.
- A driven self-starter capable of working autonomously or as part of the team.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess a strong aptitude for learning.
- A high school graduate or equivalent or higher.
- Familiarity of various mobile platforms.
- Experience in Agile methodology .
- Basic knowledge of Jira.
- Experience in software development cycles.
- Knowledge of Warner Bros. IPs, including characters, environments, and lore.