Sr. Manager, Social Media Marketing - HBO Max
United States - California - Burbank
Jun. 22, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
The Sr. Manager, Social Media Marketing is responsible for contributing to and implementing strategy to create and sustain an engaged and loyal fan base across multiple social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Snap, etc. This role is highly collaborative and will work across the organization with multiple stakeholders to identify opportunities for growth and to measure success. As a Sr. Manager, Social Media Marketing you will leverage social insights, analytics, and trends to drive social strategy, cultivate new audiences, and support subscriber acquisition and retention efforts.
- Help develop, drive and execute social strategy to support HBO Max.
- Continuously monitor, manage, and optimize campaigns across multiple social platforms to ensure that objectives are met.
- Work cross-functionally and with social agencies to develop highly engaging, on-time and effective social campaigns to acquire, engage and delight HBO Max subscribers.
- Partner with data engineering, marketing technology and BI teams to gather data and establish new reports and dashboards.
- Ensure social content is delivered to target audiences at the right time on the right platform to maximize engagement and audience acquisition efforts.
- Develop and leverage an in-depth understanding of HBO Max's users to inform audience-first, data-driven social campaign strategies that hit KPIs.
- Identify key insights from research and data that help inform content, audience development and campaign planning and optimization. Prepare and deliver findings to key partners.
- Develop social editorial calendars in partnership with the digital planning team.
- Partner with social agencies and the engagement team to write and edit winning social media copy.
- Work closely with platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat) and vendors (e.g. agencies) to identify opportunities.
- Translate social sentiment/listening into ideas and strategy and recommendations.
- Monitor social trends, stay abreast of new social platforms and best practices, and provide competitive social analysis.
- BS degree, with a concentration in Social Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Business preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of social media experience developing and executing social media marketing strategy, preferably at a marketing/creative agency, or within the entertainment or DTC industry.
- Prior experience managing direct reports in daily tasks, long range planning, and mentorship/growth.
- Proven experience leveraging performance and audience data to inform successful social media campaigns.
- Knowledge and strong interest in pop culture, social platforms and influencer talent.
- Familiarity with audience behaviors and successful social content strategies.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization with employees at all levels.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Proficient in Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Has a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and steering great storytelling in the digital space.
- Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Editorial.