Software Quality Engineer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Jun. 24, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewWB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Software Quality Engineer for the Digital Product Platform & Strategy: Content Mgmt & Distribution department. The Software Quality Engineer will be a member of the Media Supply Chain (MSC) team within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The position will be responsible for hands on development of software tools used to measure and ensure software meets product requirements based on specifications. The candidate will have a background in a technical field, have strong Test Engineering or QA experience and have worked with large Engineering organizations. They will work directly with the software engineering team to develop and implement tests within the CI/CD pipeline to enable automated testing during software build and deployment. They also must be methodical, a self-starter, and passionate about software quality which are key metrics for success of any project.
The Media Supply Chain – Who We Are
Media Supply Chain is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for scheduling, image & asset metadata management, as well as, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and preservation. We are the team pioneering new ways to process and deliver WarnerMedia content to its global customers
The Media Supply Chain – Mission
Our mission is to provide and sustain practical, innovative, agile software and technology solutions which are highly reliable, automated, measurable, optimized, modern systems capable of distributing high-quality content and metadata to our domestic and global platforms & partners.
- Work with software engineers and product owners to develop software testing into the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines. Develop and deploy test code and frameworks to be used by the team to ensure consistent testing methodologies and approaches.
- Drive and plan the test strategy across multiple products with goals of assessing quality, lowering risks and shipping features with a high quality bar.
- Contribute in implementing and evolving QA processes to get effective test signals and scale it across multiple projects.
- Define quality metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, efficiency and measuring the overall quality of products.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- AWS Developer Certification preferred.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years quality assurance and test engineering experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and implementing automated testing using automation tools such Jenkins.
- Experience in testing and debugging web applications.
- Software development experience in Python, PHP, Java, Javacript or equivalent coding language.
- Hands-on experience with test planning, test designing and execution, performance and stress testing along with implementing and maintaining test automation for cloud-based systems.
- Experience working with medium to large engineering teams.
- Experience with DevOps practices and SDLC in an agile environment.
- Proficient in a Linux environment.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills?
- Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.
- Must be able to respond to after-hours pager notifications to provide support for applications as necessary.