Cinematics Designer (Contract)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Canada - Quebec - Montreal
Jun. 05, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Cinematics Designer to be responsible for creating compelling cut scenes inside the game engine, while collaborating with others team and departments. The ideal candidate should have a strong sense of composition, timing and editing as well as a good understanding of cinematography.
- Create compelling cut scenes using animations from the Cinematics animation department.
- Communicate and work closely with Level Designers, VFX artists and Audio Designers to translate scripted scenes into cinematics and to balance story with gameplay.
- Must be able to follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
- Must be able to balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
- Validate the cinematics to ensure that the integrations did not cause any conflicts with the rest of the game.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with technical experts in order to improve the quality of the tools.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- College Diploma/Degree in cinema, animation, video game development or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience working in the video games industry as a Cinematic Designer/Artist, Animator, Technical Animator, Previz Artist, Camera Artist or any similar job.
- Experience with character and camera animation in 3D software (Maya – motion builder)
- Good knowledge of cinematography and acting.
- Good understanding of Video games cinematic pipeline. ( in-game, pre-render )
- Good understanding of 3D animation.
- Must be proactive and demonstrate a solid problem-solving thinking process.
- Ability to work with experts outside of cinematic team.
- Must be flexible, team player and well organized.
- Unreal 4 experience is a plus.
- Motion capture experience / pipeline is a plus.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.