Director, Social Programming & Insights - Turner Sports
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Jun. 22, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Team
Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT and truTV - including NBA on TNT, March Madness, ELEAGUE on TBS, NBA TV and MLB on TBS. Turner Sports is also the parent company of Bleacher Report, the #1 destination for millenials. The social media team sits within the Turner Sports content division.
Director, Social Programming & Insights
- The Director of Social Programming sets the publishing strategy across the Turner Sports portfolio of social media handles and manages the implementation of that strategy.
- This includes management of the Insights & Community Management teams who work in concert to strategically fill the feeds with content at the right time, in the right voice & on the right platforms.
- As a programmer, this role will stay in lock step with linear & digital programming teams, as well as our counterparts at the leagues.
- And as a thought-leader in the data-informed content space, this role will also provide influence in the digital, linear, marketing & research departments that live beyond TS Social's purview.
- This person needs to be a distinct blend of left and right brain - blending the analytical practice of content performance with the creative practice of content programming.
- 10-12 years of work experience managing social media channels and team members.
- Experience within the sports media or sports management industry a plus.
- Knowledge of content creation, social media publishing workflows
- Understanding of content creation workflow
- Experience gathering, synthesizing and translating insights into actionable recommendations
- Outstanding internal support/service and communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Must have working knowledge of social data engines (such as Sprinklr, Conviva, Crowdtangle, Spredfast, etc)