Associate Producer - New Day Weekend, CNN
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
May. 22, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Associate Producer CNN
- The Associate Producer responsibilities include but are not limited to: viewing and selecting the strongest and most accurate video elements (packages, sound-bites, B-roll, etc.) for a newscast.
- APs should be familiar with all important stories and the elements that go with them.
- They communicate show needs with writers, producers, and assignment desks.
- Other responsibilities include ordering and/or producing graphics, reporter packages, social media segments as well as prepare editing requests and use technological tools to research and gather archive video.
- APs make sure all video elements are prepared properly for air and that mediasource records include accurate details.
- They work in the front row of the control room to communicate the status of video elements and ensure best elements are available quickly.
- Two years as an AP, writer/producer or producer in local news, cable or at the network level.
- Must have strong news awareness and production skills, the desire to work in a 24-hour newsroom environment and the ability to react quickly and calmly to breaking news situations.
- The candidate must be able to handle themselves professionally in changing and challenging situations and be able to react quickly under duress.
- Knowledge of iNews is extremely beneficial.
- Understanding of graphics, social media and non-linear production is essential.
- Ideal candidate must be aggressive and be able to adapt to changing technology, demonstrate strong editorial judgment and be willing to work whenever needed.
- Candidates must be extremely flexible and willing to support breaking news and coverage needs in all day parts.
- Four-year degree or commensurate work experience.