United States - District of Columbia - Washington
May. 20, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for a Producer/Writer-DC to join the Inside Politics team in Washington, DC.
- Pitching, researching, planning guest segments and/or packages as needed. Identifying guests, video elements, graphic elements (including relevant fonts).
- Coordinating execution of segments live from control room when needed, to ensure the most effective pursuit of the vision of the segment.
- Developing graphics for pieces or entire programs based on theme.
- Writing: pulling together all elements of segments and writing anchor intros, teases, fonts and text for graphics.
- Collaborating with newsgathering and Media Operations to obtain the best elements.
- Collaborating with the Row to ensure the best script.
- Writing day-of scripts for program: promos, teases, opens, news, features.
- Effectively using video, graphics and fonts on all assigned stories.
- Four years broadcast newswriting and/or producing experience preferred; five years a plus.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly.
- Understanding politics and explaining it to a wide audience.
- Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
- Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Strong production vision- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
- Self-starter ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.