Sr Accountant (Temporary)
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
May. 18, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
WarnerMedia is currently seeking a Sr. Accountant to join the Programming team within its Accounting Business Services group. WarnerMedia, a division of AT&T, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult, and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. As trusted business advisors, the Accounting Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional accounting operations across WarnerMedia's domestic and international businesses. The organization is comprised of four functional teams: Operations & Personnel Services, Revenue Services, Order to Cash and Procure to Pay. Accounting Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders. The Programming team is responsible for the amortization of film cost for all global WarnerMedia Linear networks as well as related backend participations and residuals.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting activities.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Prepare and/or review complex entries and supporting documentation.
- Analyze, complete and communicate detailed variance analyses.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
- Build, foster and maintain good working relationships with members of Accounting Business Services and ABS stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Review and understand contract terms and conditions.
- Possess strong Excel skills and ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data.
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Masters degree and/or CPA is preferred.
- 3+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public).
- Experience leading teams and/or projects is preferred.
- Senior accountants should have advanced analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
- Self-starter and work with limited direction and take full ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Detail-oriented and high energy.
- Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is preferred.
- PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
- Experience with a shared services organization - Media industry.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.