Sr. Architect, Enterprise Cloud Platform
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Jul. 28, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewWB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Architect, Enterprise Cloud Platform for the Enterprise Technology- Enterprise Platform, Architecture & Services department. The SAP Infrastructure & Cloud Architect is responsible for managing the SAP environment cloud architecture. This role is responsible for the overall cloud infrastructure build, design, deployment and support. In addition, SAP Architect is responsible for providing the architectural support and guidance in SAP Basis for various SAP upgrade and enhancements projects. This position will provide infrastructure thought leadership for SAP integration between the SAP Cloud Platform, SAP Analytics Cloud, on-premise systems and AWS cloud. In addition, this role will provide project management support and direct oversight of the Service Provider and/or Project Team Members to ensure the integrity and security of the implemented design.
- Provide Architectural Oversight for the SAP environment. Build and manage the inventory of cloud-based compute, storage and network. Monitor usage and performance while optimizing the SAP production and non-production environments. Ensure security/encryption is enforced in the SAP cloud environment and aligned with Information Security standards.
- Drive Prototyping effort on new technology, manage assigned Enhancement and Installation/Upgrade projects with service provider and 3rd party vendors.
- Actively participate in the coordination of changes to the SAP infrastructure by service provider. Ensures all changes meet best practices to configure, test and deployment.
- Collaborate with other areas of the WB Technology to plan integrated activities such as application upgrades, patch application and routine maintenance activities.
- Cloud Certification is preferred
- SAP Certification is preferred
- Minimum fifteen (15) years SAP Basis and Infrastructure experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with architecting, building and managing cloud infrastructure.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing various infrastructure projects in SAP, demonstrating the ability to manage service provider resources.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience managing an infrastructure service partner.
- Excellent track record and proven ability to produce effective infrastructure-solutions in ERP space.
- Expert level knowledge in cloud (AWS or Azure or Google Cloud) compute, storage and network infrastructure.
- Intermediate to advance level knowledge of cloud security framework such as NACL, Security Group etc.
- Expert level of knowledge in SAP Basis with Netweaver, Business Suites, Business Warehouse, Portal, Solution Manager and System Landscape Directory.
- Expert level knowledge with Installation, Upgrade of various SAP product suites.
- Advance level knowledge with performance tuning and troubleshooting in SAP space.
- Advanced level knowledge in managing SAP with DB2 and HANA databases with back up, High Availability and DR solution.
- Intermediate knowledge with SAP cloud platform (SCP) Integration, Cloud Connector, SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- Familiar with ODATA services and Fiori based Application Deployment.
- Strong analytical and technical communication skills.
- Management experience supporting global ERP deployment.
- Management experience overseeing multiple technical services providers.
- Understanding of SAP applications and its functionalities is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Entertainment Industry and business applications is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of the implemented Warner Bros. SAP applications and platforms is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Must be service-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.