Technical Analyst, Production Integration
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Apr. 28, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewWB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Position is responsible for relationship management and critical application support for clients and applications related to the payroll, and production accounting integrations within WM’s Eco-system. This position is accountable for advising and partnering with clients and software vendors on end to end Production applications, leveraging best in class solutions to support business requirements. The scope of responsibilities will be a mix of project work, enhancement work, and on-going application support. This position participates in the oversight of internal and external resources delivering new technology into service on behalf of the client organizations, while managing the total cost of ownership (TCO). This position reviews Service Level Agreement metrics for outsourced services in their portfolio and identifies risks and issues to senior management. This position is expected to support additional tools including the setup and administration of cloud accounts on AWS or Azure, and ability to provide direction for integration support services. This position maintains the pipeline of enhancements and project requests that improve existing solutions as well as requirements for new solutions.
- Works with Clients to capture business requirements and participates in the development of Technology requirements and leads application development and testing activities.
- Oversees vendor due diligence, information security compliance, analysis, procurement, acquisition and integration of complex software applications and systems including creation and approval of statement of works.
- Oversees the development of key strategic attributes for the client’s information technology strategy. Supports the financial analysis and forecasting for production applications with the overarching objective to optimize TCO. Assists in the development of project budgets including ROI substantiation.
- Responsible for the lifecycle management of client application portfolio from ideation to delivery and retirement of legacy solutions.
- Monitors the performance of the internal and external service provider(s) as it relates to the support of the application portfolio, and/or projects for the supported client groups. Provides the internal and external service provider(s) with prioritization for client change requests associated with the client’s portfolio.
- 3 to 5 years of Information technology experience in an active role supporting a portfolio of applications across multiple technical platforms
- Knowledge of Production processes for the filmed entertainment industry required (at least one discipline)
- Understanding of technical components required to support business processes, including effort estimates and resource oversight experience
- Experience planning and implementing changes to existing process and live productive applications
- Experience in team lead capacity with at least 3 full end-to-end life cycle implementation of a large Technology project in leadership roles
- Practical experience with application of software development life cycle with industry standard best practice methodologies
- Experience and knowledge of data security and best practices with SSO solutions
- Experience with cloud technology such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with ERP and SaaS software
- Prior experience in Business Process Re-engineering efforts
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Undergraduate degree required
- Graduate degree or professional certification preferred
Knowledge/Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to develop information technology project plans to deliver high quality services at reasonable costs.
- Understanding of application technology and associated solutions and strategies related to the client’s business to help them achieve their business goals and objectives
- Experience with .Net, C#, and crystal reporting
- Experience programming in Java, Python or other modern object-oriented language
- Experience programming in SQL and Database development, relational or NoSQL
- Integration frameworks (e.g., middleware, transformation logic)
- Knowledge of Production business processes, and ability to translate them into Technology requirements to satisfy financial and reporting obligations
- Integration design and testing concepts
- Issues documentation and analysis for payroll and related financial activities used to identify systemic issues or problems with integrations
- Integration frameworks (e.g. middleware / transformation and error handling logic)
- Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of all phases of system development lifecycle, including production support
- Strong knowledge of ERP and SaaS client application(s) that support(s) the business process, with practical implementation of multiple modules / applications
- Knowledge of accounting processes and related systems integration
- Excellent knowledge of payroll processes including studio residuals, pay calculations, time reporting, workflow and general best practices
- Data conversion concepts and impacts on new business processes
- Client deployment readiness concepts (e.g. business cutover)
- General Knowledge / Skills required:
- Strong customer service focus and responsiveness
- Proficient decision-making and time management skills. Demonstrates leadership abilities. Maintains current knowledge in use and industry trends of technology
- Strong analytical skills, interpretive and evaluative skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills across multiple threads of work streams
- Outstanding documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Creative and resourceful approach to the business and an ability to think and deliver creative value-added solutions to clients
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of management and staff
- Ability to lead a productive and effective workforce consisting of employees and contracted resources
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
- Must be able to work well under time constraints
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
- Must be service-oriented
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality