News Assistant - Health (Temporary)
United States - Massachusetts - Boston
May. 15, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Temporary Health News Assistant
- Placing calls to support breaking news and on-going news stories.
- Monitor a variety of sources, including social media, wires and local news, and evaluate newsworthiness.
- Conduct research at the direction of producers and Desk management, which may include identifying video or digital stories.
- Support Desk management in efforts to ensure show staffs and reporters are available for live shots and coverage of live events.
- One years' experience in news environment and previous newsroom experience.
- Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
- Should have the ability to multi-task and make fast decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Candidate should be computer literate and have a working knowledge of social media.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands