Senior Producer (Temporary)
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
May. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
An editorial, proactive and creative individual, the Senior Producer will work directly with the Director of Coverage and Digital to execute on CNN's most distinctive and cross platform storytelling. The SP will have two key roles - to elevate the best journalism of CNN on all platforms; this includes video for TV, as well as a distinct digital video, text, photos, mobile and other media and to ensure that the most complex legal, standards and practice issues of our cutting edge journalism are met and upheld.
- This role will coordinate closely and build solid relationships across the Newsgroup - digital/social supervising editors, broadcast EPs/bureaus- ensuring their coverage needs are met and exceeded.
- The Sr. Producer has proven film making skills and ability to tell stories creatively and to bring them to life through the scripting, structure and editing process.
- The successful candidate is also able to post produce content in conjunction with CNN newsgathering teams in order to elevate our story telling to the highest industry standards.
- The Sr. Producer is responsible for ensuring coverage plans are well defined and full details are outlined in documented fashion, also ensuring our best coverage is given the maximum exposure on all platforms.
- College degree in related field preferred
- Proactive - able to respond to a news event without necessary direction, able to take initiative.
- Able to creatively solve issues and problems as they arise.
- Strategic Thinker - able to identify key themes and present those in a compelling manner to the networks.
- Able to work with the various platforms to schedule, fashion and present stories for maximum impact.
- Editorial and field experience.
- In depth knowledge and proven track record in cross-platform newsgathering and editorial with minimum 5 years' experience.
- Digital platform knowledge - broad awareness of CNN's digital and social platforms and priorities - from desktop to Snapchat; what material works on each and how they perform in the competitive landscape.
- Building relationships - working with multiple stake holders, able to navigate the complex different arms of CNN and build a network of relationships to ensure smooth cross platform planning and communications and thereby finding opportunities to showcase international gathering.
- Working under pressure - able to thrive in a pressured breaking news environment.
- Able to respond to changes in the editorial agenda and respond to situations on the ground for our field teams.
- Attention to detail - Exceptionally organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven experience in editorial/legal standards and practices.
- Proven budget management skills
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.