Editor, Digital Politics - KFile (Project Role)
United States - New York - New York
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewOur StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. The JobThe editor will oversee CNN's KFile, a team that produces signature quick-turn investigative and accountability journalism. The editor's primary responsibility will be developing and editing the team's work. We are looking for someone with stellar news judgment, superb editing skills and the ability to perform in a competitive environment.
This is a project role through 1/31/2021. The Daily
- Editing high-impact, quick turnaround journalism on a daily basis
- Working under the direction of the senior campaign editor to help set priorities for the team and communicating those priorities to relevant partners throughout the network
- Coordinating with multiple partners, including standards and legal
- Knowledge and passion for political news and producing political content with the urgency politics demands
- This person should be passionate, driven, innovative, and determined to define some of the country's most important political stories for the mobile social generation of news consumers
- Edit and help produce sharp headlines and stories
- Superb writing and visual communication strength are a must
The Perks Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
- 5+ of experience an editorial role at a traditional or digital native news organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills
- Strong content management system experience on desktop web, mobile web, and mobile
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions
- Proven experience for developing audiences across web, mobile web, social accounts, through SEO
- Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Experience leading a team