Copy Editor (Temporary)
United States - New York - New York
Mar. 24, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN is looking for a temporary copy editor to handle international breaking news and enterprise stories, 2 to 3 days per week. The candidate must have 5+ years of experience as a news editor and able to quickly to assign, edit and produce stories as they break.
- 5+ years experience as a news editor and manager
- Prior experience handling international news and politics stories
- Prior experience coordinating across timezones and with foreign bureaus
- Deep knowledge of digital publishing and newsgathering
- Familiar with SEO and data analysis tools
- Experience with a large multi-platform newsroom is a plus
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.