Senior Editor - Health
United States - District of Columbia - Washington, United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Mar. 20, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Senior Editor-Health should be a collaborative team player who can who can clearly and succinctly distill news and disseminate information across various news platforms.
- You'll be responsible for pushing the editorial envelope on stories that help CNN distinguish itself from our competition.
- You will be the lead editor for the PM shift which will require you to be the editorial decision maker on our reporting.
- As an editor on our Health team, you should be able to distinguish stories that meet CNN's journalistic standards.
- An established writer, this Senior News Editor can create content for both internal consumption and external publishing on all CNN platforms.
- The Senior News Editor needs to support reporter and producer teams reporting from a bureau or the field and clearly communicate editorial and logistics information between team, digital newsgathering and shows.
· BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline.
· 8+ years' experience in news environment at a major network/local station.
· Previous newsroom experience.
· Newsgathering in social media outlets.
· 5+ year experience TV/digital writing experience preferred.
· Previous Assignment Editor experience preferred.
· Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
· Understanding of CNN newsgathering.
· Strong logistical ability.
· Able to make fast decisions.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Able to work under pressure.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.