Data Scientist - HBO Max
United States - New York - New York
Mar. 19, 2020
The Data Scientist will be a part of the Data Science team responsible for the day to day output for WarnerMedia's streaming service. As the Data Scientist, you will be responsible for designing and executing end-to-end data science solutions within a cloud-based analytics infrastructure, transforming the insights into actionable endpoints, carrying the data science solution to production, and managing the publication of the endpoints for downstream consumption. You will be part of a team whose goal is to improve how we create, market, and distribute our content, our service, and interact with our customers.
- Apply supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, such as linear and logistic regression, decision trees, and k-means clustering.
- Develop and implement a machine-learning algorithm to understand customer behavior/lifecycle/usage pattern, determine customer LTV, identify early warning of customer churn/cancellation, and perform other ad-hoc analysis.
- Assist in the ML (machine learning)model deployment and production execution.
- Evaluate and facilitate the integration of additional sources of data that can enhance the analytic capability, continually identify and fix issues that could enforce a robust analytic process.
- Work closely with the BI and engineering teams to implement the tools needed to support the empowerment of the organization with data.
- Monitor and ensure all the batch and live streaming jobs run smoothly from end to end and troubleshooting job failure and warnings.
- Capture business requirements for data and analytic solutions and collaborate with the stakeholders to ensure business requirements align with business needs.
- Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide indicated actions for executive audiences.
- 2+ years of experience building data science models (Regression, Decision Trees, K-Means, etc.), entertainment/media experience is preferred.
- BS/MS in computer science, machine learning, statistics, applied mathematics, physics, or other scientific or computational disciplines.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL.
- Advanced-level proficiency in both R and Python (including class/function structure, package design and management).
- Experience with the application of data science and advanced analytics techniques across structured and unstructured data.
- Proven expertise applying data science techniques to solve business problems.
- Proven ability building relationships and collaborate with stakeholders across large organizations.
- Experience with working in cloud-based environments like AWS.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.