Tier 3 Customer Experience Technician - HBO Max
United States - New York - New York
Mar. 25, 2020
The Tier 3 Customer Experience Technician will be a key member of the Customer Experience (CX) Strategy & Ops team within the WarnerMedia Direct-to-consumer organization. They will have an integral role in providing advanced support and resolution for inquiries that cannot be solved by frontline tiers of support. This individual will be a core contributor on the Tier 3 CX team and will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure escalated issues are surfaced, triaged and tracked for resolution.
- Serve as initial escalation point for support tickets escalated from Tiers 1/2 and ensure that individual tickets are guided through to resolution.
- Become a subject matter expert on WarnerMedia Direct-to-consumer streaming products/services, as well as all responsibilities maintained by the Tier 3 team and continuously remain current in that knowledge.
- Identify creative troubleshooting workarounds and support recommendations for issues that cannot be resolved through existing knowledgebase articles or other known troubleshooting steps.
- Responsible for reproducing, confirming and overseeing documentation for escalated product issues, as well as tracking reported issues throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Responsible for escalating individual support tickets that cannot be immediately resolved through available troubleshooting steps to extended teams for further investigation, ushering these tickets through to resolution and coordinating communication/closure back to Customers.
- Able to act as a backup for frontline support teams across engagement channels and tiers, as needed (phone, email, social, additional channels).
- Provide after-hours coverage as part of an on-call rotation schedule for SLA support, as needed.
- Work continuously to increase product knowledge of the growing suite of WarnerMedia streaming products and services, including HBO GO, MAX GO, HBO NOW, HBO Max, HBO VR and more.
- Partner with larger CX and UX writing teams to capture and translate new product information into Customer- and Agent-facing support content, as well as ensure existing content is continuously maintained and up-to-date.
- Facilitate Customer and Partner escalations to help ensure they're responded to within established timeframes and support service levels.
- Participate in ongoing improvements for support processes, policies, and standards.
- Participate in collecting and surfacing product issues/feedback to design and development teams.
- Collaborate with a larger CX team to identify and uphold KPIs for service and operational excellence.
- Occasionally travel to provide and/or receive on-site training and support, as needed.
- 2-3 years customer service experience at a comparable B2C brand, preferably in media, entertainment, technology or hospitality and supporting streaming media or equivalent technologies.
- Familiarity and comfort with consumer streaming devices such as Apple TV, Roku, iOS devices, Android TV/mobile, more.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong listening skills.
- Excel in both customer service excellence and technical acumen.
- Able to handle multiple priorities, using proper urgency when needed.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of accountability and autonomy for effectively completing all required tasks.
- Able to zoom out from individual issues and identify patterns.
- Clearly define problems, analyze data, and recommend short-term workarounds, while simultaneously representing issues accurately to extended teams for resolution.
- Able to consistently represent HBO in a professional manner.
- Methodically investigate and resolve complex technical support issues, as reported by Customers and Partners.
- Able to break down and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Able to adapt to the needs of a growing 24/7 business, including the flexibility to support on-call rotations and work both daytime or evening hours.
- Experience working with Lean/Agile methodologies and JIRA/Youtrack a plus. You are: Driven to improve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Passionate about the customer experience.
- Relentlessly positive and possess a 'can't be stopped' attitude.
- Self-starter, creative problem solver, proactive, collaborative and resourceful.
- Equally able to work independently and build with a team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on small projects while balancing your everyday workload.
- Able, willing and driven to master new concepts every day.
- Highly organized and embrace a fast-paced, changing environment.
- The ideal candidate will possess a solid foundation of technical and customer service experience. He or she will have the ability to resolve complex issues with professionalism and poise. She/he will work closely with the extended CX team to continuously challenge/define/refine what excellence means and continuously deliver on these goals to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and support.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.