Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - San Francisco
Mar. 19, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
WB Games San Francisco is looking for a talented individual to lead the QA effort for our studio. Focusing exclusively on mobile games, this position ensures high-quality user experiences for all WB titles from San Francisco. This position identifies and formulates the quality assurance best practices, oversees the execution of the best practices and works with project QA leads to decide when a product from the studio is ready to be shipped to the consumers.
At a tactical level, the position manages the daily efforts of the Quality Assurance team by allocating resources and maintaining a productive and efficient test team through test cycles. The position is responsible for setting goals for the QA team, and measuring effectiveness and product quality to help drive process change. The QA Manager will mentor and hire a world class, efficient and productive Quality Assurance organization.
The QA Manager should be well versed with mobile game development on both iOS and Android.
- Conceptualize and guide the QA strategy for the studio.
- Oversee the staffing and career development of the QA department.
- Put together the QA process and support QA leads in their execution of it.
- Negotiate and oversee external QA development efforts.
- Continually improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA efforts.
- 7+ years of game industry experience
- 4+ years of experience in a QA leadership position.
- At least 2 years of experience in mobile game development.
- Experience hiring and managing a Quality Assurance team.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience managing outsourced QA teams.
- Shipped at least 5 game titles as a QA Lead or manager, at least 2 on mobile.
- QA expertise in a live operations environment with frequent releases.
- A passion for mobile games.
- Experience managing and developing other managers.
- An excellent grasp of game development production process.
- Familiarity with automated testing systems, and building an automation team.
- JIRA administration experience and workflow development.
- Knowledge of Jenkins and app distribution platforms as an end user.
- Familiar with casual and mid-core games on iOS and Android.