Sr. Product Manager (Product Planning & Strategy) - HBO Max
United States - New York - New York
Mar. 20, 2020
As the Senior Product Manager, Product Planning & Strategy - International, you will be a strategic member of the Product Management & Product Experience team. You will be responsible for aligning the roadmap between our Domestic and International products and will create processes, meetings and ceremonies to enable this worldwide communication. The Senior Product Manager, Product Planning & Strategy work closely with HBO Max Product Management, UX Research and UX Design, Consumer Insights, International and partners throughout the Warner Media team (e.g. Engineering, Innovation Lab and Platform Strategy). You will play an integral role in project intake, prioritization and future roadmap planning.
- Responsible for the roadmap planning and communication processes in collaboration with our regional stakeholders, the technology & delivery teams.
- Manage the full product portfolio global roadmap and implement tools and processes to help with prioritization, organization and reports on a detailed and an executive level.
- Ensure the product roadmap considers all areas of our business - data, technology plans, user needs, business goals.
- Work with Product & Technical Program Management colleagues to help with roadmap prioritization and resourcing tradeoffs.
- Develop, create and produce product materials to socialize and educate the broader product team to keep everyone informed.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in product management.
- Proven track record of implementing and using Product Management Portfolio Products for helping to align groups. (JIRA, Aha!, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and, in particular, a distinctive ability in delivering clear, structured, and easy to understand documents to senior management.
- Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners.
- Must be self-motivated and accountable.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
- Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead teams at different levels, with different backgrounds and experiences across different geographies.
- Collaborative: Break down silos and build partnerships, Seek diverse perspectives, Think and act globally and make proactive communications a priority.
- Analytical: Use information to make and communicate rational decisions that improve organizational, product and team performance.
- Tons of passion for both the media/video industry, as well as product as a discipline.
- Possesses deep understanding of the video streaming industry.
- Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
- Has a very strategic mindset that focuses on outcomes over outputs.
- A self-starter - someone who thrives in taking the initiative and needs minimal directive.
- A proven track record of executing on a given area encompassing how to operate, create a plan to tackle it, getting it done, while also communicating with manager and the team to socialize the work they're doing.
- Great storytelling abilities - must be able to synthesize complex information into a well-formed narrative and deliver capably that narrative to various audiences.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.