Data Architect- NCAA Digital & B/R Live
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Mar. 19, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, ELEAGUE.com and PGA.com. If you haven’t seen our newest venture, b/r Live check it out!
As the Data Architect, you will be responsible for holistic data management of the product analytics reporting stack for NCAA Digital and B/R Live. These teams have a strong business impact informing data-driven strategies that strengthen the value of league partnerships while building fan-focused experiences across all digital products. You will support both the NCAA Digital and B/R Live teams with all facets of product analytics data.
- Some of your primary tasks include translating stakeholder requirements into tangible analytics specifications.
- Coordinating corporate ETL teams on requirements for loading disparate data into our centralized data warehouse. Assist with architecting and managing the holistic Turner Sports data tech stack.
- Maintaining last step transformations to prepare the data for our BI tools.
- Developing self-service distributed dashboards in our BI tools.
- Mining raw data for in-depth product reporting.
- The Data Architect is a hands-on role.
- You will enable product teams to make sound decisions that are grounded in data you provide.
- You will bridge the connection between stakeholder reporting needs and limitations of the raw data.
- The Architect will need to be adept at effectively collaborating with diverse stakeholder groups.
- The successful candidate will bring exceptional attention to detail, boundless curiosity, superb communication skills, a proactive approach to problem-solving, and a proven ability to manage multiple workstreams.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing end-to-end data architectures
- Expertise with digital marketing tools: Adobe Analytics, Adobe VHL, Conviva, Segment
- Expertise with BI tools and visualization: Adobe Analysis Workspace, Looker
- Experience with cloud data technologies: Snowflake, AWS, Apache Airflow
- Experience with programming language: Java, Node, Python, Scala, R
- Experience with databases: RDBMS, Dynamo DB, SQL
- Experience with data modeling tools: MS Visio or similar, UML
- Experience with code management: Github, tool versioning, tool configuration
- Can drive discussions with senior leadership on best practices, risks, and tradeoffs
- Can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience and track record of success working on large, digital projects
- Knowledge of industry tech trends in Analytics/BI/DW spaces
- Deep understanding of API connectivity and data streaming architecture
- Experience with sports, media, or entertainment properties
- Experience working with shared service teams (e.g., video technology, data, architecture, etc.) a plus
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.