QA Engineer SDET
United States - New York - New York
Mar. 23, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN is hiring a SDET's for our CNN Business team! We are expanding our technical teams and are looking for a highly technical SDET to partner with the cross-functional delivery team. The SDET will work directly on a delivery team and build tests around new feature development, as well as interface with other QA members to build upon a test suite for testing reusable components and other shared functionality on CNN.com.
- Develop, maintain and organize test script, test plans and test cases for Desktop Browser/Mobile Web, for iterative and incremental software development efforts.
- Writing meaningful automation and manual tests that exercises the core functionalities of the system to ensure the team can release high quality software.
- Document test results and provide test progress/reports that will be used in assessing the completeness of the development effort.
- Work closely with the development and product teams to ensure all relevant and agreed upon aspects of the application are tested.
- Provide scope, resource and time estimates for projects presented for testing and analysis.
- Identify and manage issues/defects for each assigned project.
- Make available test status and progress reports to the project team.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/training
- 3+ years of Automation testing experience in a web-based frontend environment.
- Manual testing experience in web-based environments.
- Experience with cloud web and mobile testing software (BrowserStack).
- Experience in writing test plans, test cases and test scripts for digital data-based applications both in manual and automated testing modes.
- Experience in Back-End/API Testing
- Experience creating Use Cases.
- Experience working on an Agile software development team.
- Experience with Mocha/Chai and similar frameworks.
- Experience using different frameworks for different tasks.
- Experience with GraphQL and GraphQL testing
- Load/Stress testing
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.